Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Website Information

Hi guys! Throughout the afternoon I have been investigating the different ways one can promote the film using a website. I decided to look at movies that have similar target audiences to mine such as Girl on the Train (2016) and Gone Girl (2014). To give an inspiration towards what to present in my website and how to do it as well. One component that surprised me was that there wasn't a moment where I felt overwhelmed with the information they were giving to me about the movie. Other patterns that I noticed in many of the websites were that you always saw the social media icons, regardless of the screen which you were in. This makes sense because it is easier for someone to receive information on application they are constantly on versus on a website. This leads me to another element, there is always a way to update yourself through text or emails. With this one can see the theaters that are nearest to you that are premiering the movie. Additionally, when you first enter the website one of the first components on sees are two official trailers. Some movies also have pictures of different scenes after one sees the trailers, but that was generally towards movies whose trailers didn't capture the audience as much. And lastly, all the information about the movie is in one scroll, and the tabs only took the individual to a specific part of the information within the scroll. This created a sense of tranquility towards the individual seeing the website, because it never felt as if the movie was being promoted too much by giving a way too much information. So having all of this information, it will definitely help me towards what I would like to do for my website. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment