Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Research on action sequence

Hi guys! So as I told you in my last post, I posting on the information that I gathered on the different tips and methods one should use when doing an action sequence. So I wanted to share with you guys what I have gathered. One of the important tips that was reoccurring in many articles was the importance of contrast. The author of one of the articles compared an action sequence with no contrast like seeing a comedy without jokes. Having this present within the scene will give an edgier look to the storyline itself and it will make the scenes that much more intense. Another important component is having tight shots within the scene. This visual effect will have a more personal effect on the audience and create a feeling of intensity towards the character that will be clearly projected towards the audience. Having this said, it would be made easier if the area which I was filming for these scenes be in a small perimeter. This will make it easier for the editing process so it flows easier. And lastly fast editing and strong nondiegetic music will help with the intensity.

No comments:

Post a Comment