Thursday, March 9, 2017

Research on Target Audience



Hi! So I decided that I want my target audience to be generation z for the film. Knowing this I find that it is extremely important to research the different characteristics that make up this group so my trailer is curated towards what they want to see.
Huffington Post posted this article that explains in detail the difference between this generation and the generation that comes before it. I find that it's extremely important to distinguish the two because by doing this it will give me a clear understanding towards how I should present my plot line through my trailers. One characteristic that stood out was that Generation Z constantly wants to be updated with information. That is what they primarily seek within apparatuses. Another characteristic that was important is that Generation Z is very conscious of what is happening globally.
Knowing this, it is important that my film leaves my target audience with constant information of the process of the film to have them engage and wanting more. This could be done through my website with insight of behind the scene videos or exclusive interviews and so on. Another element that I wanted to incorporate into my film was breaking the idea that women normally play the submissive character within the film. And because generation z is a greater promoter of equality and breaking these stereotypes this film will bring that attention.





Work Cited: Beall, George. 8 Key Differences Between Gen Z and Millenials. Huffington Post, 05 Nov. 2016, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/george-beall/8-key-differences-between_b_12814200.html. Accessed 9 March 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment