Thursday, March 31, 2016

Research on Spectacular Now

 Hi! So I have made a significant change to my plot. Luckily this change will not be affecting my two minute film opening as much. What I decided to do was continue with the two best friends wanting to have a date to prom, but the plot will mainly consist of one boy who has had a crushed on one of the girls, in this case it is Angela. The conflict in the plot is the fact that Angela does not take him seriously because of his personality. This is because he is a guy who is constantly hitting on every girl he sees, and Angela knows this, so one afternoon when he starts hitting on her one afternoon she doesn’t take him too seriously. If the plot were too continue, his goal would be to prove to her that he really likes her. What I know for certain what I want to include in my opening is the conversation of the two girls struggling to get a date. I am not certain that I want to include the boy hitting on Angela yet. It all truly depends on whether I hit the two minute mark when I edit this weekend. Regardless, I have an idea in mind so if I need to add more footage I can get some with plenty of time left.
The reason I included a picture of the movie Spectacular Now (2013) is because it is one of the most recent high school romantic movies that has come out in the last couple of years. In addition, the movie itself represents a very realistic aspect of what a relationship in high school is like. One way in which they accomplish this through the limited use of non-diegetic sound. That factor gives it that rawness to the film that it almost makes you feel uncomfortable just like the characters feel in specific parts of their relationship. What I hope to accomplish in my own film is that realistic factor which can be seen in Floridian high schools of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment