Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Struggling


  Hi! So since this week I dedicated to filming and I won't be editing until the weekend, I decided to get started on the audio which I want to incorporate into my film. I only want to look for one song for the beginning of my film. If I am being honest here, I have been looking for a song for the past couple of weeks and it has been the biggest struggle. I can't find a single song which matches the idea that I had in my head. My progress thus far has been making a playlist on Spotify and adding music which I might consider to put on my film. But personally, I don't feel like I have found one yet.
  The reason I feel like it has been difficult is because I want a song that is uplifting yet has that Floridian feeling to it. In other words, a song that represents the Floridian lifestyle for teenagers specifically. This includes going to the beach, leaving the house with shorts and a t-shirt due to the weather, and so on. Moreover, I want it to be a song that clearly shows  the exciting Floridian life. The only song that is closest to what I want is Favorite Record by Fall Out Boy. The reason I really enjoy this song for my film is because of the very beginning. It is a song who has a soft introduction and as it continues it gives an extremely optimistic and happy feeling to whoever listens. Which is exactly what I want the representation of Florida to be.

1 comment:

  1. Hey great job on your blog so far! I think your research is beyond extensive and I applaud you for that, because it shows that you really want to do this project justice and stick to the typical film conventions of the romantic movie genre. You can also tell how passionate and excited you are about your movie through your postings which I think is great. A few notes, although it's great how much detail you put into your blogs some of your postings are a little lengthy. Also, the plot you described is a little too long for a two minute movie introduction I think, I would stick to introducing the main characters and the conflict of finding a prom date and building on their relationship as best friends. With the start of the revenge plot, and the girlfriend, and everything else you were mentioning the intro may seem a little rushed, hindering your ability to show these girls' relationship as best friends.
    If I can offer a solution to your song problem, I would look up songs by country singer Jake Owen, who is from Florida. A lot of his songs are fun, upbeat songs, including songs like "Beachin'" or "Summer Jam". Hope I helped some! Keep up the awesome work. :)
    -Taylor Barton

    ReplyDelete