Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Research on Target Audience

Hi everyone! So today I dedicated a large part of my afternoon to finding information on my target audience. My target audience is teenage girls, between the ages of 13-17. So my research began with the investigation of the top ten most popular movies that teenage girls repeatedly watched. The results were the following:
1.  Easy A (2010)
2. 16 Wishes (2010)
3.  A Walk to Remember (2012)
4.  A Cinderella Story (2004)
5.  A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song (2011)
6.  Abduction (2011)
7.  Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging (2008)
8.  Another Cinderella Story (2008)
9.  Bandslam (2009)
10. Beastly (2011)
This investigation proved that the type of movies that my target audience is most intrigued and interested in is one that has a very cliché plot line. Which is why I then decided to do the same. The only factor that distinguishes each production, is how they are portrayed. For instance, comparing the Cinderella Story from 2004 to that of 2011, one uses the element of music to make the sequence of events unique. Yet there is the same story, which includes the two step-sisters, rude step-mom, and best friend that is in the journey with the protagonist. 
  Moreover, what brought my attention after seeing this list is the fact that the large majority are romantic movies. Which has allowed me to additionally to see that I am in the right track, having to do with my genre and whether it will persuade my audience to watch it. 

Pinho, Daniel. "List of Teen/Girl Movies." IMDb. N.p., 8 Jan. 2012. Web. 22 Mar. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment