Thursday, March 10, 2016

Storyline

   I am very pleased to announce that I have my storyline for my film! :) I want the story to be based off of two best friends that are entering their senior year of high school. The beginning of the film will take place in a beach in Florida. This will allow for great footage of the environment in which the film will be taking place. This will be clearly depicted from the palm trees, the wardrobe in which people are wearing, and the eclectic ethnicities that will be there. Since Miami can now be clearly seen as a very multi-cultural area due to the large amount of immigration in the state itself, I wanted to incorporate that idea into my film. During these series of scenes, the two best friends will be discussing how they need to find a date to prom in order to make it a memorable night which will never be forgotten.
  The story then continues in Cypress Bay, where the girls will be heading to the first day of school. As the day goes on, one of the two will find a comely guy in her chemistry class. They then will have a brief conversation and as the girl leaves her class she will feel as if she has fallen head over heals for the guy. Later on, the second girl will go to the library during her lunch period and will end up finding a very kind, attractive guy  that ends up helping her with a math problem that she was having difficulty in solving. This girl will then start having feelings for him because of his kind gesture.  Little do the two girls know that it ends up being the same guy. Towards the end of the day progresses, the two best friends will meet up ecstatic to tell each other about their day until they end up realizing that they both met the same guy. And as the conversation is taking place, they both see before their very eyes the guy with his girlfriend. The two best friends then decide to go up to his girlfriend and explain exactly what happened. Thinking that the girlfriend was going to respond negatively towards the series of actions, the girlfriend comes to a very intelligent conclusion. She proposes instead of becoming upset over everything, they should embrace it and see it as a way to get revenge.
 So from my point of view, that should cover the first two minutes of the film. In fact, it seems so far that I have put in too much information, so I might have to cut some parts. But that all truly depends on the progression of the film itself once I start filming.
 Lastly, the best part about all of this is I already know exactly who will be playing what part. My two best friends Angela Mujica and Stephanie Tamayo will be playing the two best friends, Gianfranco will be playing the male part and I will be playing his girlfriend. So having this all in mind I will just have to have in more specific detail on the camera angles, mise-en-scene, editing, and audio techniques I would like to incorporate.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on your blog so far! Your dedication to research is amazing and shows a ton of dedication. I can tell you've learned a lot and it will all be extremely useful once you start production. The only small thing I would mention is that your plot seems way to elaborate for a two minute film. A two minute video is only enough for one or two scenes unless it is a montage. Perhaps simplify the story or only include the first two scenes? Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete