Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Research on 90210

   So I have great new, I officially edited the first 40 seconds of my film which include the establishing of the movie. This is to let the audience capture the essence of Cypress Bay. As I was doing this, I got a lot of my inspiration from the television show 90210 (2008-2013). The first couple of seasons of the show occur in Beverly Hills High, what is great about this high school is the similarity that it has with Cypress Bay. Being that the location is similar, the weather has high temperatures so the costume of the characters is very similar to that of Florida, and the type of people are similar as well. So what I really looked at was how they established the school the first couple of minutes of each episode towards the first and second season. A lot of the shots were composed of mid-shots and wide shots which included many people with similar clothing talking to their friends and having a good time. This would then emphasize even further when one of the main characters felt the same way as the environment in the school itself. Which is exactly what I hope to portray in my film opening. That is why I want to spend a large portion of my film opening in showing the surroundings of Cypress. So that my audience can capture the idea which I want to portray to them.
  The video above is one in which I might incorporate into my film because it shows that luxurious side of Weston. This is clearly seen from the expensive sports car passing by. Moreover, Cypress Bay brings that as well since the campus is extremely nice and most individuals are very well dressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment