Saturday, March 26, 2016

Research on Blue Crush 2

  Hi! So tomorrow I am planning to shoot the first couple of seconds of my film. In my point of view, this is extremely important because it will be establishing to the audience the location and the environment of my film. Since Florida can be said to be known for its weather, I wanted to stress this in the first couple of seconds of my film opening. Additionally, I wanted to show how people took use their surrounding to their advantage. Meaning how people would go to the pool and do exercise because of the great weather. This will then make it easier when I introduce my characters when they head to the pool.
  I got this idea by looking at previous films that had weather close to that of Florida. The film that gave me the most guidance for this was Blue Crush 2 (2011). The movie itself takes place in South Africa and California but the first minutes of movie it establishes itself in California. To create that feeling of their being a very active lifestyle in California, the music itself is extremely upbeat and fast. In addition, their is a lot of cutaways to go along with the audio being used, which then stresses that culture even further. Moreover, using a lot of pans and tilts, will aid in reminding the audience how active and alive the Beverly Hills life truly is. Other ways in which they allowed for a full establishment of the film was using many wide shots. Incorporating this was great, because it allows for the individuals watching to see the surroundings of the character and how well he or she fits in. This would automatically create a representation of the character for the audience and create an insight as to who he or she truly is .
  All of these ideas I plan on incorporating into my own film, which hopefully will result in all of the observations I have made in previous films.











No comments:

Post a Comment